cdrtools-1.10a17-1

   RPMs Built and Announced at about Mon Mar 19 09:25:51 2001.

   cdrtools-1.10a17-1.src.rpm                           1355493
   cdrtools-cdda2wav-1.10a17-1rh62.i386.rpm              138554
   cdrtools-cdrecord-1.10a17-1rh62.i386.rpm              347046
   cdrtools-libscg-1.10a17-1rh62.i386.rpm                152511
   cdrtools-mkisofs-1.10a17-1rh62.i386.rpm               212408

   Main archive is located at ftp://ftp.falsehope.com/pub/cdrtools/alpha
   Mirror locations and build machine information listed below.

   RPMs are built with rpm version 3.0.5.
   Required programs listed are either updates or are not in the default
   RedHat 6.2 installation.

Name: cdrtools-cdda2wav            Relocations: /usr
Version: 1.10a17                           Vendor: Joerg Schilling <schilling fokus gmd de>
Release: 1                             Build Date: Mon 19 Mar 2001 09:24:26 AM CST
Install date: Mon 19 Mar 2001 09:25:00 AM CST      Build Host: hellstone.falsehope.com
Group: Applications/Sound            Source RPM: cdrtools-1.10a17-1.src.rpm
Size: 256486                           License: GPL
A sampling utility for cdrom drives that are capable of sending audio
cd data in digital form to your host. Data can be dumped into wav or
sun format sound files. Options control the recording format (stereo/mono;
8,12,16 bits; different rates).

Requires:
   Standard Red Hat 6.2 installation

Name: cdrtools-cdrecord            Relocations: /usr
Version: 1.10a17                           Vendor: Joerg Schilling <schilling fokus gmd de>
Release: 1                             Build Date: Mon 19 Mar 2001 09:24:26 AM CST
Install date: Mon 19 Mar 2001 09:25:04 AM CST      Build Host: hellstone.falsehope.com
Group: Applications/Archiving        Source RPM: cdrtools-1.10a17-1.src.rpm
Size: 906694                           License: GPL
Cdrecord allows you to create CD's on a CD-Recorder (SCSI/ATAPI).
Supports data, audio, mixed, multi-session and CD+ discs etc.

Requires:
   Standard Red Hat 6.2 installation

Name: cdrtools-libscg              Relocations: /usr
Version: 1.10a17                           Vendor: Joerg Schilling <schilling fokus gmd de>
Release: 1                             Build Date: Mon 19 Mar 2001 09:24:26 AM CST
Install date: Mon 19 Mar 2001 09:25:07 AM CST      Build Host: hellstone.falsehope.com
Group: Development/Libraries         Source RPM: cdrtools-1.10a17-1.src.rpm
Size: 445896                           License: GPL
A SCSI user level transport library. The SCSI library is suitable
to talk to any SCSI device without having a special driver for it.

Requires:
   Standard Red Hat 6.2 installation

Name: cdrtools-mkisofs             Relocations: /usr
Version: 1.10a17                           Vendor: Joerg Schilling <schilling fokus gmd de>
Release: 1                             Build Date: Mon 19 Mar 2001 09:24:26 AM CST
Install date: Mon 19 Mar 2001 09:25:07 AM CST      Build Host: hellstone.falsehope.com
Group: Applications/System           Source RPM: cdrtools-1.10a17-1.src.rpm
Size: 854516                           License: GPL
This is the mkisofs package.  It is used to create ISO 9660
file system images for creating CD-ROMs. Now includes support
for making bootable "El Torito" CD-ROMs.

Requires:
   Standard Red Hat 6.2 installation

%CHANGELOG
* Mon Mar 19 2001 Ryan Weaver <ryanw falsehope com>

[cdrecord-1.10a17-1]
- All:
- New Architectures: mips-linux-cc.rul mipsel-linux-cc.rul
- Unified options for libscg users: cdrecord, readcd, scgcheck, sformat

- Libscg:
- Changed MKNOD.hpux to support 15 SCSI busses
- Small changes to make Apollo open error message better
- Detect DMA overrun with Linux Parallel port ATAPI
- Return Linux sg kernel driver version with scgo_version(scgp, what)
- Corrected error behaviour for Linux sg driver interface
- Corrected error behaviour for Sun USCSI driver interface
- New libsc interface functions scg_vhead()/scg_vtail()/scg_verbose()
  scg_getdmacnt()/scg_errfflush() to make libscg more flexible
- Better comment in include files for libscg classified error
- Now all failed SCSI commands (not in silent mode) print
  the SCSI timings. This makes it easier to understand why
  a command has been aborted with a reset.
- Raised libscg version to 0.5

- Cdrecord:
- Small changes to make parts of the code reusable

- Scgcheck:
- New program to validate libscg interface
  Please test your OS for conformance.

* Sun Mar 04 2001 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

- Rename subpackage devel to libscg since it's a bit more accurate.
  [cdrecord-1.10a16-1]
- All:
- Added support for latest GCC on Cygwin
- Added support for Win ME & Cygwin
- install-sh now does not complain anymore about chown problems
  on Cygwin with Win9x
  The .EXE problem still is not completely colved. It
  is a makefile problem.

- Libscg:
- As UnixWare 7.1.1 doesn't allow to open the passthrough
  interface for disks, this is disabled by default.
  cdrecord -scanbus will therefore only list devices other
  than disks. To enable the scanning of disks, you need to
  set an environment variable "LIBSCG_SCAN_ALL".
  Be warned, doing so might lock your disk subsystem!
- Fixed a typo in scsi-apollo.c

- Cdrecord:
- Now prints a hint about cdrecord-ProDVD if cdrecord encounters
  a DVD-R drive but there is no DVD-R support compiled in.

- Mkisofs:
- Fixed a bug with mkisofs .... -- -filename
  Thanks to Jonas Munsin <jmunsin iki fi>
- Introduced a workaround for a problem with mkisofs running on Cygwin.
  Thanks to a hint (from Jakob Bøhm  jb danware dk) that helped to
  find the workaround for the problem with wrong file content.
  If there were many files ( > ~4000 ) in the tree that should go to CD,
  one or two file contained the wrong content. It turnes out that this is
  caused by the fact that Microsoft is not POSIX and does not have
  unique inode numbers for each file.
  The workaround introduces two new options:
  -cache-inodes	(default on UNIX)
  -no-cache-inodes (default on Cygwin)

* Mon Feb 26 2001 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

[cdrecord-1.10a15-1]
- All:
- Next step in Apollo Domain OS integration
  It should now really compile without manual intervention
  Thanks to Paul Walker pentode!paul uugw hifn com
- Fixed the autoconf test for the apollo mmap()
- Fixed the way to call the compiler
- The Schily printf() now also has support for %lld on platforms
  that do not support long long (needed to print Llong type vars)
- Apollo Dimain/OS C-compiler warning level in makefile system
  adjusted.

- Cdrecord:
- New Schily SING include file mmapdefs.h

- Cdda2wav:
- Added new mmap() definitions for Apollo to make it compile

- Mkisofs:
- Forgotten things from the past:
- libfile has been converted to use Int32_t instead of int32
  to avoid a type clash on AIX. int32 is non POSIX anyway
- libfile has been converted to use the portabel Schily SING
  include file concept
- libfile now uses a new file utimdefs.h for utime() definitions
  This was needed to support Apollo Domain/OD
- several unneeded #definitions removed in libfile

* Sat Feb 24 2001 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

[cdrecord-1.10a14-1]
- All:
- Support for GCC on IRIX
- Suport for Lint on Solaris
- Now schily.h does not use _LFS_LARGEFILE any more so nothing
  will be irritated by the Large File bug in glibc-2.1.3
- Try to fix a bug in ieeefp.h on True64 do to a hint from
  Bert De Knuydt <Bert Deknuydt esat kuleuven ac be>
  to make fconv.c work on True64
- First support for Mac OS X (Darwin variant)
  This is the MAC OX X version that uses the new mach kernel and has
  no user SCSI support
- Next step in Apollo Domain OS integration
  I hope that it compiles now without manual intervantion
- Autoconf Support for the changed __dtoa() interface in new FreeBSD
- Autoconf Support for __filbuf() vs. _filbuf() in USG STDIO

- Libscg:
- Fixed sccsid -> __sccsid for scsi-apollo.c
- Check for HAVE_BSD_DEV_SCSIREG_H on Mac OS X to make sure that
  libscg compiles (witout SCSI support) on Darwin.
  Note that Darwin no more has SCSI user transport support.

- Cdrecord:
- Finnaly we got working support for the Plasmon RF 4100
  Thanks to Joerg Wunsch
- Cdrecord now should work in Large File mode too
  Now all commands except cdda2wav are large file aware.
- Try to support mmap() on Apollo
- Autoconf tests for sys/shm.h & sys/ipc.h needed for Apollo
  to avoid to use SvsV shared mem in BSD compile environment

- Readcd:
- Avoid core dumps from division by zero if read time == 0

- Mkisofs:
- Change from a hint according to James Pearson to make --xinet option work
- libfile now should compile on AIX & Apollo Domain OS
- Fixed a bug triggered by adding Sparc boot.
  This caused a endless loop if padding was specified (which
  is now default).
  The code from Eric did not support to install an output
  filter (like the pad filter) more than once.

* Fri Jan 26 2001 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

[cdrecord-1.10a13-1]
- Cdrecord:
- Fix some signed/unsigned comparison problems in the code.

- Readcd:
- Now large file aware.

- Mkisofs:
- Fix some signed/unsigned comparison problems in the code.
- Now all tools from the mkisofs dir are large file aware.

   RPMs are built on a Pentium II 400mhz w/256megs RAM with RedHat 6.2
   plus updates from ftp://updates.redhat.com installed.

   These files are also available on the following sites
   ftp://ftp.rpmfind.net/linux/falsehope/pub/cdrtools/alpha
   ftp://ftp.tux.org/pub/sites/ftp.falsehope.com/cdrtools/alpha
   ftp://ftp.freshmeat.net/pub/rpms/cdrtools/alpha

PGP Key can be found at ftp://ftp.falsehope.com/pub/Ryan_Weaver.pgp.key
GPG Key can be found at ftp://ftp.falsehope.com/pub/Ryan_Weaver.gpg.key
--
| Ryan Weaver                        || emails: ryanw infohwy com          |