xscreensaver-3.31-1

   RPMs Built and Announced at about Thu Mar 29 13:10:05 2001.

   xscreensaver-3.31-1.src.rpm                          1632182
   xscreensaver-3.31-1rh62.i386.rpm                     1962311
   xscreensaver-gl-3.31-1rh62.i386.rpm                   733005

   Main archive is located at ftp://ftp.falsehope.com/pub/xscreensaver
   Mirror locations and build machine information listed below.

   RPMs are built with rpm version 4.0.2.
   Required programs listed are either updates or are not in the default
   RedHat 6.2 installation.

Name: xscreensaver                 Relocations: (not relocateable)
Version: 3.31                              Vendor: Jamie Zawinski <jwz jwz org>
Release: 1                             Build Date: Thu 29 Mar 2001 12:53:04 PM CST
Install date: Thu 29 Mar 2001 01:01:56 PM CST      Build Host: hellstone.falsehope.com
Group: Amusements/Graphics           Source RPM: xscreensaver-3.31-1.src.rpm
Size: 4565929                          License: BSD
The xscreensaver package contains a variety of screensavers for your
mind-numbing, ambition-eroding, time-wasting, hypnotized viewing
pleasure.

Install the xscreensaver package if you need screensavers for use with
the X Window System.

Requires:
   Package                          Distribution (Or Url)
   ORBit-0.5.6-0_helix_2            Helix GNOME for Red Hat Linux 6.2 / i386
   XFree86-libs-4.0.2-1rh6          ftp://ftp.falsehope.com/home/requested/XFree86/
   control-center-1.2.3-100_helix_2 Ximian GNOME for Red Hat Linux 6.2 / i386
   esound-0.2.20-0_helix_1          Helix GNOME 0.2.1 (for Red Hat Linux 6.x)
   glib-1.2.8-0_helix_1             Helix GNOME 0.2.1 (for Red Hat Linux 6.x)
   gnome-libs-1.2.11-0_helix_1      Ximian GNOME for Red Hat Linux 6.2 / i386
   gtk+-1.2.8-0_helix_1             Helix GNOME 0.2.1 (for Red Hat Linux 6.x)
   imlib-1.9.8.1-0_helix_1          Helix GNOME 0.2.1 (for Red Hat Linux 6.x)

Name: xscreensaver-gl              Relocations: (not relocateable)
Version: 3.31                              Vendor: Jamie Zawinski <jwz jwz org>
Release: 1                             Build Date: Thu 29 Mar 2001 12:53:04 PM CST
Install date: Thu 29 Mar 2001 01:02:01 PM CST      Build Host: hellstone.falsehope.com
Group: Amusements/Graphics           Source RPM: xscreensaver-3.31-1.src.rpm
Size: 1696699                          License: BSD
The xscreensaver-gl package contains even more screensavers for your
mind-numbing, ambition-eroding, time-wasting, hypnotized viewing
pleasure. These screensavers require OpenGL or Mesa support.

Install the xscreensaver-gl package if you need more screensavers for
use with the X Window System and you have OpenGL or Mesa installed.

Requires:
   Package                          Distribution (Or Url)
   Mesa-3.4.1-2                     FalseHope RPMs
   Mesa-common-3.4.1-2              FalseHope RPMs
   XFree86-libs-4.0.2-1rh6          ftp://ftp.falsehope.com/home/requested/XFree86/
   xscreensaver-3.31-1              FalseHope RPMs

%CHANGELOG
* Thu Mar 29 2001 Ryan Weaver <ryanw falsehope com>

[xscreensaver-3.31-1]
- Put in more sensible defaults for DPMS, and updated
  the documentation to reflect the fact that all your
  DPMS settings are now belong to xscreensaver.
- Fixed the `xscreensaver.spec' file so that `--force'
  is no longer needed.
- New versions of `rotzoomer' and `nerverot'.
- Fixed an OSF/1 compilation problem in `molecule'.

* Wed Mar 21 2001 Ryan Weaver <ryanw falsehope com>

[xscreensaver-3.30-3]
- Added control center files back in.. Jamie informed me that the
  Gnome ControlCenter files for xscreensaver are massively broke.
  use --replacefiles if you have a problem installing due to
  those files.

* Mon Mar 19 2001 Ryan Weaver <ryanw falsehope com>

[xscreensaver-3.30-2]
- Removed patch to remove dangerball due to failure of build.
  Builds perfectly now, Thanks Jamie. :)
- Removed control center files until I find a way to play nice
  with Gnome (Ximian, etc) Control Panel.

* Mon Mar 19 2001 Ryan Weaver <ryanw falsehope com>

- Applying patch to remove dangerball due to failure of build.
  [xscreensaver-3.30-1]
- New hacks, `molecule' `dangerball', and `rotzoomer'.
- New version of `gflux'.
- Made `gltext' able to display the current time.
- Fixed a floating-point-precision problem in `gltext'
  that sometimes caused horizontal lines to vanish.
- Removed the `-window-id' option from the hacks:
  it never worked right, and was unnecessary.
- Made the `starwars' hack use thicker lines, antialias
  the text, and fade out at the far edge instead of just
  dropping off.
- Fixed an SHM segment leak in `moire'.

* Tue Feb 13 2001 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

[xscreensaver-3.29-1]
- Better rendering of the new logo.
- New hack, `gltext'.
- Added `-planetary' option to `gears', to draw a different kind of
  gear system.
- Made motion and rotation be smoother in `gears', `glplanet', `moebius',
  `rubik', and `sierpinski3d'.
- Improved coloration in `sierpinski3d'.
- Made the GL hacks react to window size changes.
- Made most of the GL hacks take a -fps option (like `pulsar' did),
  so you can use them to benchmark your 3D hardware.
- Fixed the previous fix to `sonar'.
- Minor fix to `nerverot'. Made sonar able to ping hosts on DEC OSF1.
- Eliminated a bogus "didn't get enough colors" warning in some of
  the hacks.

* Tue Jan 23 2001 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

[xscreensaver-3.28-2]
- New logo for xscreensaver!
- New hacks, `starwars' and `stonerview'.
- Made the motion of the bouncing ball in `stairs' be a
  little less jerky.
- Made newly-added screenhacks be added to .xscreensaver
  automatically: if there are hacks in the app-defaults
  file that are not also in ~/.xscreensaver, they will
  be added to the end of the list.
- Redid the `Screensaver Options' part of the control
  panel; xscreensaver now lets you configure your DPMS
  settings.
- Fixed some Makefile problems with non-GL builds.
- Fixed detection of MesaGL for version 3.3.
- Better workaround to Red Hat 7.0's broken gcc.
- Added Sparc Solaris kernel panic to `bsod'.

* Tue Jan 23 2001 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

[xscreensaver-3.27-2]
- Rebuilt against updated Mesa.

* Sat Jan 20 2001 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

[xscreensaver-3.27-1]
- New hacks: `zoom' and `whirlwindwarp'.
- Fixed a free-memory-reference bug in `sonar'.
- Better error handling when there are no suitable GL
  visuals.
- Added diagnostic dialog when xscreensaver-demo is
  unable to launch xscreensaver (e.g., when running as
  root.)
- Fixed a bug that caused screenhack argument changes
  to be ignored when xscreensaver-demo was running as
  root (if "root" and "nobody" have different home
  directories.)
- Made the programs default to ":0" if $DISPLAY is unset.
- Made the `-verbose' output include information about
  which server extensions were supported at compile time.
- Worked around Red Hat 7.0's broken gcc 2.96.
- Updated default delays on the GL hacks to look better
  on machines with super-fast 3D hardware.
- Install `screensaver-properties-capplet' to work around
  the usual egregious GNOME lossage.

* Sat Nov 11 2000 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

[xscreensaver-3.26-1]
- Added ``enabled'' checkboxes in the list of hacks in
  xscreensaver-demo (Gtk version only.)
- New hacks hyperball, xrayswarm, and gflux.
- New versions of nerverot, galaxy, and hypercube.
- Small fixes to phosphor, shadebobs, xflame, and sonar.
- Added external helper program xscreensaver-gl-helper to figure
  out which X visual to use for OpenGL programs.
- Configure updates for XFree86 4.0, and for BSD.
- Made it be more tolerant of bogus /etc/group files.
- When installing the PAM config file, first try to just copy an
  existing ``xdm'' or ``login'' config file, so that xscreensaver
  does authentication in the same way as the rest of the system

* Wed Jul 19 2000 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

[xscreensaver-3.25-1]
- New hack, `nerverot'.
- Added BSD kernel panic to `bsod'.
- New version of `shadebobs'.
- New version of `petri'.
- Updated `webcollage' to handle recent Altavista URL format changes;
  made it search the AP photo gallery.
- Revamped command-line options of `sonar' and made it properly
  handle subnets.
- The `bubbles' hack can now trickle up or down the screen.
- The `xsublim' hack can now read its text from programs.
- Support for GLE version 3 in `extrusion'.
- Fixed compilation problems in `maze'.
- Fixed a rare crash in `flow'.
- Fixes for minor installation problems.

* Mon Apr 03 2000 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

[xscreensaver-3.24-1]
- Added `-ignorant' option to `maze' hack.
- Updates to `critical', `bsod', `xflame', and `flow'.
- Added support for Kerberos 5 (via its Kerberos 4 compatibility layer.)
- Fixed a bad leak in `xteevee'.
- Updated `webcollage' to handle recent Altavista URL format changes.
- Removed xscreensaver-demo's `Ok' and `Cancel' buttons, since they were
  confusing people: all changes are now instantanious.
- Made xscreensaver-demo install itself into the Gnome Control Center.

* Sun Jan 30 2000 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

[xscreensaver-3.23-1]
- Fixed some misplaced text fields in the Motif version
  of xscreensaver-demo; fixed a crash in the Gtk version
  that would happen if the programs list was empty.
- Fixed a recently-introduced bug in `pulsar'.
- Made `sierpinski3d' use solid tetrahedrons instead of
  points.
- Added `-trace' option to `xmatrix'.
- Added new hacks `xteevee' and `xspirograph'.

* Fri Dec 17 1999 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

[xscreensaver-3.22-2]
- Rebuilt against Mesa-3.1 final.

* Thu Dec 09 1999 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

[xscreensaver-3.22-1]
- Fixed some bugs in xscreensaver-demo.
- Rewrote the Motif version of xscreensaver-demo to
  match the new Gtk version.
- The Athena toolkit is no longer supported.

   RPMs are built on a Pentium II 400mhz w/256megs RAM with RedHat 6.2
   plus updates from ftp://updates.redhat.com installed.

   These files are also available on the following sites
   ftp://ftp.rpmfind.net/linux/falsehope/pub/xscreensaver
   ftp://ftp.tux.org/pub/sites/ftp.falsehope.com/xscreensaver
   ftp://ftp.freshmeat.net/pub/rpms/xscreensaver

PGP Key can be found at ftp://ftp.falsehope.com/pub/Ryan_Weaver.pgp.key
GPG Key can be found at ftp://ftp.falsehope.com/pub/Ryan_Weaver.gpg.key
--
| Ryan Weaver                        || emails: ryanw infohwy com          |