yafc-0.6.6-1

   RPMs Built and Announced at about Fri Mar 30 08:24:46 2001.

   yafc-0.6.6-1.src.rpm                                  273311
   yafc-0.6.6-1rh62.i386.rpm                             131514

   Main archive is located at ftp://ftp.falsehope.com/pub/yafc
   Mirror locations and build machine information listed below.

   RPMs are built with rpm version 4.0.2.
   Required programs listed are either updates or are not in the default
   RedHat 6.2 installation.

Name: yafc                         Relocations: /usr
Version: 0.6.6                             Vendor: Martin Hedenfalk <mhe stacken kth se>
Release: 1                             Build Date: Fri 30 Mar 2001 08:23:31 AM CST
Install date: Fri 30 Mar 2001 08:24:27 AM CST      Build Host: hellstone.falsehope.com
Group: Applications/Internet         Source RPM: yafc-0.6.6-1.src.rpm
Size: 271078                           License: GPL
Yafc is yet another ftp client, similar to ftp(1).
It is an interactive interface to the FTP protocol.

FEATURES

* cached directory listings
* uses readline (tab completion, emacs/vi editing keys, history file, etc.)
* extensive tab completion
* multiple connections open
* aliases
* colored ls (ie, ls --color, uses $LS_COLORS like GNU ls)
* autologin and bookmarks
* Kerberos authentication support
* recursive get/put/rm/ls
* nohup mode get and put
* tagging (queueing) of files for later transferring
* automagically enters nohup-mode when SIGHUP received (in get and put)
* redirection to local command or file ('>', '>>' and '|')
* uses autoconf and automake
* proxy support
* more...

Requires:
   Standard Red Hat 6.2 installation

%CHANGELOG
* Fri Mar 30 2001 Ryan Weaver <ryanw falsehope com>

[yafc-0.6.6-1]
- fixed site command (didn't recognize args correctly) (thanks Clemens Ender)
- fixed connect retry bug in login.c (thanks Matthew Gabeler-Lee)
- fixed compile error when not using readline (thanks Jason Lunz)
- "ls ./" didn't get cache hit

* Fri Oct 20 2000 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

- I am nsure why linguas files are not installing, but there isn't but
  one so I am not too worried about it. Commented out that file listing.
  [yafc-0.6.5-1]
- changed default value for auto_bookmark to yes
- added option --type={ascii|binary} to cat
- forgot a fflush() in cat (cat didn't work on binary files) (thanks Decklin)
- fixed broken alias zpage in yafcrc.sample + added (b)zcat alias
- removed arguments to site command (thanks to Robert Hahn)
- 'get/put onefile -o othername' instead of 'get/put onefile -o otherdir'
  confused? look in the manual... (thanks to Skyper Sorg)
- use_passive_mode in config file was ignored (thanks to Ari Pollak)
- new option: transfer_xterm_string (thanks to Ari Pollak)
- removed swedish po-file (I don't have time to maintain it)
- check for circular include statements in config file
- bookmarks are now always kept in ~/.yafc/bookmarks
- cleanups; moved small generic funcs to utils.c
- even more manual updates
- protlevel is now updated in bookmarks

* Mon Oct 16 2000 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

[yafc-0.6.4-1]
- removed lib/setproctitle.[ch] due to licensing problems
- moved src/bashline.[ch] to lib/
- updated manpage
- more manual updates
- zcat removed (use 'cat | zcat' or 'cat | bunzip2 -c')

* Fri Oct 13 2000 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

[yafc-0.6.3-1]
- removed nokrb option in bookmarks
- added option --mechanism=MECH to open command (and removed --krb/--nokrb)
- always using private protlevel in kauth
- fix for DOS style paths (w/backslashes)
- some manual updates
- added per-url passive mode setting in bookmarks
- added per-url mechanism setting in bookmarks

* Fri Sep 15 2000 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

[yafc-0.6.2-1]
- sets nokrb option if AUTH unknown
- added bookmark --delete
- implemented luntag
- fixed bug in local taglist saving/loading
- fixed alias bug (segfault)
- DOS LIST-output directory filename bug fixed
- DOS LIST-output y2k issue fixed (now assumes 21th century if YY < 70)

* Fri Sep 01 2000 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

[yafc-0.6.1-1]
- bug in recursive put fixed (didn't create directories correctly)

  [yafc-0.6-1]
- fixed long-standing kerberos problems (now also supports NAT)
- configure.in cleanups
- --mask=GLOB and --rx-mask=REGEXP options (get, put and fxp)
  (transfers only files matching a pattern, useful in recursion)
- --dir-mask=GLOB and --dir-rx-mask=REGEXP options (get, put and fxp)
  (enters only directories matching a pattern, useful in recursion)
- auto bookmarking doesn't overwrite bookmarks w/different hosts
  but creates different versions
- Kerberos 5 support (Heimdal, through GSSAPI)
- FxP support (not thouroughly tested)

* Wed Aug 16 2000 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

[yafc-0.5.8-1]
- fixed segfault when listing unreadable directories
- #ifdef'd setproctitle calls

* Sun Aug 13 2000 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

[yafc-0.5.7-1]
- endless loop in rc.c fixed
- abbreviation for set-variables
- bug in DOS directory listing with filenames w/spaces
- removed C++-style comments in strq.c
- swapped order of -lreadline and -l{terminal lib} in configure.in
- removed --help option for cd command
- added a man page (Thanks to Decklin Foster)
- tag didn't ignore multiple copies of same filename
- better remote tilde path handling (ls ~ didn't work)
- added option --workdir=DIR for setting the working directory (default ~/.yafc)

* Thu Jul 06 2000 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

[yafc-0.5.6-1]
- added --help option for untag
- added *.md5 to ascii_transfer_mask
- now parses system-wide /etc/yafcrc on startup
  + doesn't create default ~/.yafc/yafcrc on first run
- rglob.c: didn't update directory cache properly
- segfault in get/put if connection timed out
- tag now ignores multiples copies of same filename
- removed the visual tag interface (it didn't work anyway)
- bookmark multiples are always replaced (instead of skipped)
- rfile.c: files in root directory had two slashes (//file instead of /file)
- transfer was aborted after suspend

  [yafc-0.5.5-1]
- only first alias in a multiple command command line was expanded
- fixed bug in switch command, arguments were ignored
- cat now supports wildcards

  [yafc-0.5.4-1]
- support for MacOS WebStar ftp server
- fixed the rels alias error from 0.5.3

* Thu May 18 2000 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

[yafc-0.5.3-1]
- info manual updates
- rc.c: empty string (ie "") in config file caused errors
- completion.c: completion breaks at ';'
- cache --touch now has optional directory argument(s)
- error in alias expansion parameters (%1,%*) when used
   with an alias including several commands
- yafcrc.sample: error in rels alias
- fixed buffer overflow in ftp reply

* Mon Jan 24 2000 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

[yafc-0.5.2-1]

* Mon Jan 24 2000 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

[yafc-0.5.2-1]
- Applied patch from Ryan Weaver for rpm spec file
- configure script unsets CDPATH variable
- info manual updates

* Mon Dec 27 1999 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

[yafc-0.5.1-1]
- yafc "resets" the xterm title to $TERM on exit/suspend
- get --preserve now also on directories
- get --preserve handles suid/sgid/sticky bits
- tried to fix problems with DOS-paths
- new option --clear to tag and ltag command
- local taglist is also saved
- yafcrc.sample: proxy hosts should be separated with colon (':')
- configure creates a yafc.spec file for rpm building (thanks to Ryan Weaver)

* Fri Dec 10 1999 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

- Sent patch to Author to generate spec file via configure

  [yafc-0.5.0-1]
- awful bug in redirection code fixed
- EPLF support (Easily Parsed LIST Format)
- quoting fixes
- made (mostly) all commands accept --help option

   RPMs are built on a Pentium II 400mhz w/256megs RAM with RedHat 6.2
   plus updates from ftp://updates.redhat.com installed.

   These files are also available on the following sites
   ftp://ftp.rpmfind.net/linux/falsehope/pub/yafc
   ftp://ftp.tux.org/pub/sites/ftp.falsehope.com/yafc
   ftp://ftp.freshmeat.net/pub/rpms/yafc

PGP Key can be found at ftp://ftp.falsehope.com/pub/Ryan_Weaver.pgp.key
GPG Key can be found at ftp://ftp.falsehope.com/pub/Ryan_Weaver.gpg.key
--
| Ryan Weaver                        || emails: ryanw infohwy com          |