Re: LI.... (again)

Here is the support canned response on this.

If you've reached the end of your installation, and you've
installed LILO and upon reboot get 'LI' or many 1's and 0's
It is most likely that you have run into the 1023 cylinder limit.
What does that mean exactly?

For IDE drives it means the system can't access the root
partition above 512MB, for SCSI that means 1GIG...or 1024 megs.

The root partition or '/' is the main partition that contains the base
system and must be placed within the range of 1023 cylinders.
What this means is that for IDE drives the root partition must be
placed withing the 512MB limit or for SCSI one gig or 1024Mb.
and must be placed within the range of 1023 cylinders.
What this means is that for IDE drives the root partition must be
placed withing the 512MB limit or for SCSI one gig or 1024MB.

How to fix this?

 1). Repartition your drive allowing for the root partition to be
     placed within the above stated cylinder limits.

 2). Use a linear key word, This has a 50/50 chance.
     For more information 'man lilo' and 'man lilo.conf'
     to know how to add it.

 3). The BIOS may have to be edited to enable the LBA option.