Re: LI.... (again)

Scott Black writes:
> Welp,
>
> I've been trolling through the archives and FAQs and have followed the trials and
> tribulations of many a LILOer.  Still can't get this thing working.
>
> Redhat 4.2
> AMI BIOS (flags for LBA, Block Multisector, PIO, and 32bit support)
> 1gig Quantum Fireball IDE
> 10X CD (some crappy ACER I think)
> Adaptec AVA-1515 SCSI host adapter
> HP C3010 2gig SCSI Drive (this is the real fireball!!  ;))

You didn't mention which EIDE drives are where and if M$ is involved
(or I've overlooked it... :-} ), but your setup looks similar to mine:

Conner 540MB EIDE => M$ Windoze 3.1x on /dev/hda1
IBM DCAS 2.1GB SCSI => Linux RHL 4.2 on /dev/sda1 - /dev/sda6
8x ATAPI CD-ROM on /dev/hdc (this seemed to be IMPORTANT)

I installed LILO on the MBR of /dev/hda. Worked like a charm. I
can't quote my lilo.conf as I'm at work, but it's pretty straight
forward.
I had major problems when I tried to have the CD-ROM as
/dev/hdb. Moving it to /dev/hdc (and thus splitting the two EIDE
devices on the two controller channels) helped a lot - maybe that's an
idea for you.

HTH,

Thomas
      National Microelectronics Research Centre,   | 61 Deerpark
      University College, Lee Maltings             | Friars Walk
      Cork / Ireland                               | Cork / Ireland

      World Wide Web: http://www.geocities.com/Paris/LeftBank/2575/