Mount

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Fri Apr 2 17:26:22 UTC 2004

sg at pobox.com wrote:
> Sir,
>
> I am having two machine both having RedHat Linux 9.0. when i have want to
> mount home partition of machine A with machine B it will display RPC time
> out. but when i have connect to internet and then mount the home partition
> then it will mount without any problem.
>
> Will you please suggest how to mount home partition without connecting to
> internet.

You have a problem with the default gateway.  When you connect to the
internet, your ISP's DHCP system sets up your IP address, netmask and
default gateway.  If you reboot and don't connect to the internet, you
don't have any of that set up, so the two systems can't speak to each
other.

You didn't say how you connect to the internet.  If you can give us an
idea of the topology of your network, we might be able to offer some
exact instructions on how to make sure it works whether or not you're on
the internet.
-               500: Internal Fortune Cookie Error                   -