Majordomo - anyone familiar that can help?

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Fri Apr 2 17:45:28 UTC 2004

Waldher, Travis R wrote:
> I know it's off topic, but I know a lot here use it.
>
> I am getting this error:
>
> ---------------------------------------
> MAJORDOMO ABORT (mj_resend)!!
>
> Mailer /usr/lib/sendmail -C /etc/mail/sendmail.cf.majordomo -oi -oee
> -fowner-mylist-postmaster at insertdomainanme.com unixadm-postmaster-list
> exited unexpectedly with error 71

Error 71 is "EPROTO" or a protocol error.  You really need to look at
the /var/log/maillog file to see exactly what's going on.  If sendmail
is calling a delivery agent, _it_ may be dying an passing its error back
to sendmail, which does the final reporting.  Hopefully the delivery
agent will leave a trace in the log.

Alternately, you can issue the same command from the command line, but
add a "-v" to it and watch the delivery process take place.  You may
see what's happening.
-       "I'd explain it to you, but your brain might explode."       -