Freq out of range VIDEO ERROR on Linux ES 1.2

Bob McClure Jr robertmcclure at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 3 23:43:22 UTC 2004

On Sat, Apr 03, 2004 at 01:03:42PM -0700, Stewart Walker wrote:
> Can't seem to get our Belkin 8 port 2 channel KVM switch (with 15ft
> extension cable) to work with ES 1.2 after the login GUI comes up
> after booting. Text mode can be viewed during boot.
>
> Set up a cart next to the rack plugged in the same monitor the system
> was built with but still get a Freq out of range error at the monitor..

So then the KVM switch is not at fault, right?

> I can connect via ssh but don't know where to begin hacking on the X
> video configuration..
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks
>                  \\|//
>               -(@ @)-
> ===oOO==(_)==OOo======================
>
> Stewart Walker
> swalker at caspercollege.edu

Need more information including video card, amount of memory, and the
monitor make and model.  Meanwhile, bring it up in text mode and try
running

  redhat-config-xfree86

possibly with the "--reconfig" option.  See

http://www.rhil.net/docs/faq.html#x_fails

Caveat Linuxor: I don't have, or know much about ES.

Cheers,
robertmcclure at earthlink.net  http://www.bobcatos.com
A Bible falling apart belongs to someone who isn't.