Question on creating a boot CD

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Mon Apr 5 18:57:07 UTC 2004

Carr, Steve M CW4 FL-ARNG wrote:
> Thanks for your response.
>
> I created the 4 CDs from the "iso" files.  It created all the subdirectories
> and files, but it does not boot.  I've looked in RH knowledgebase and have
> not found anything.

You didn't burn the CDs correctly.  The .iso files are exact images of
the CDs and you don't need WinImage to use them.  Your burning software
should have an option to "burn a CD from an image file" or something to
that effect.  Select that option and specify the .iso file as the
source.  Don't bother with WinImage.

Instructions for using some of the more popular Windows CD burning
software can be found at:

	http://www.rhil.net/docs/faq.html#making_cds

-          su -; find / -name someone -exec touch \{\} \;            -
-                          - The UNIX way of touching someone        -