GNU Compiler - Lost gcc296 file

May Galan mgalan at dairy-farm.com.ph
Tue Apr 6 03:29:19 UTC 2004

Hi Stuart
Further to the question..can we just copy the file into Intel 80386 to IA-64
or reinstall package should be done
Please advise. Thanks a lot for your help.

Example, below..If my file gcc-ssa be lost in the Itanium server and I still
have the one in Intel 32-bit, can I just copy it across platform??
<< Red Hat Enterprise AS 3.2.3 64Bit Itanium >>
gcc-ssa: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, IA-64, version 1 (SYSV), for GNU/Linux
2.4.0, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), stripped

<< Intel 80386 32-bit >>
gcc-ssa: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), for
GNU/Linux 2.2.5, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), stripped

Cheers
May.