help abt USB

Stuart Sears stuart at sjsears.com
Tue Apr 6 09:49:07 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-04-05 at 17:22, Dany Gates wrote:

> as u said in ur previous reply i tried to mount my usb device(mass storage)
> by applying changes in fstab but with default but that didn't work. i look
> at mounted devices and what i saw had a line as :
> "usbdevfs on /proc/bus/usb type usbdevfs(rw)" but there wasn't anything at
> that location just 4/5 files containing nothing! So does that mean my USB
> device was already detected and mounted by linux? If yes how can i access
> it?
usbdevfs is the raw USB device filesystem. It allows you to see
devicesunder /proc/bus/usb if they are detected by your kernel.
what does lsusb tell you?
have you tried 'modprobe usb-storage' as root, and then check 'dmesg'
(then try lsusb again)
incidentally, just saying "it doesn't work" without giving errormessages
makes it harder to help you.
exactly what did you put in your /etc/fstab file?
what command did you use to mount the device?
Stuart
--
Stuart Sears RHCE/RHCX <stuart at sjsears.com>