Mozilla Plugin Problem

Nigel Wade nmw at ion.le.ac.uk
Wed Apr 7 09:55:47 UTC 2004

Mugleston, Brad wrote:
> I recently upgraded Mozilla with up2date my plugins disappeared.  I ended up reinstalling them but they still don't work so I focused on the JAVA plugin and tried all the solutions given by the great members of this list but it's still not working.
>
> Finally I was able to get this error message when I went from Pine to a web site:
>
> LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library
> /usr/java/jre1.3.1_11/plugin/i386/ns600/libjavaplugin_oji.so
> [/usr/java/jre1.3.1_11/plugin/i386/ns600/libjavaplugin_oji.so:
> undefined symbol: __vt_17nsGetServiceByCID]
>
> Suggestions?
>
> Brad

It might need a newer version of the JVM plugin. I know that more recent
Mozilla downloads from the Mozilla web site are built using the gcc32
compiler and require the ns610-gcc32 plugin. I don't think that this version
of the plugin was available with the 1.3.1 JVM.

I think you are going to have to install a more recent JVM from Sun, then
link the JVM plugin/i386/ns610-gcc32/libjavaplugin_oji.so to the plugins
directory of the new Mozilla.

E-mail :    nmw at ion.le.ac.uk
Phone :     +44 (0)116 2523548, Fax : +44 (0)116 2523555