RH9 Up2date failure (gs040417a)

Gene Sears (MUMC) gsears at mumctville.org
Sun Apr 18 07:37:05 UTC 2004

A follow-up on this...  I ran a sniffer on the LAN and re-attempted to run
up2date on the PC I tried to install RH9 on.  It failed as usual, but when I
was looking through the TCP capture file I found the following string
repeated several times at the end of a line
"1!0^_^F^I*†H†÷^M^A^I^A^V^Rrhn-noc at redhat.co]".  Notice the apparently
missing "m" to the left of the right bracket.  I wonder if that is, or is a
contributor to the problem?  Ideas?

Gene