Disk space issue during install.

Jon Goodridge Jon at goodridge.us
Tue Apr 20 01:54:30 UTC 2004

I am trying to install RH9 and install keeps saying that I don't have
enough disk space.   I brought my install options down to just over 1GB
on a 4GB root partition and install would actually try to install and
then fail saying the disk was full.  I have deleted, recreated and
formatted the partition.   I still get the same result.   Surely 4GB is
enough space for a root install.  I have put Mandrake Linux root on a
~1GB partition before and I have Mandrake 10 another 4GB partition
running just fine. I must be missing something.

Additional Info:
Since my bootable IDE CD-ROM drive is failing, I am booting from a
floppy and installing from the RH9 CDs on the USB CD-ROM drive.

System info:
	Compaq 300MHz Celeron
	256MB memory
	8GB drive single partition for WindowsXP
	13GB drive 4 partitions
		- 4GB for Red Hat 9
		- 500MB swap partition
		- 4GB for Mandrake 10.0
		- 4.5GB for a shared /home for both Linux
	Failing IDE CD-ROM drive
	Working USB CD-ROM drive

Txs,
\JonG