Kickstart Post Commands

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Tue Apr 20 22:35:17 UTC 2004

Aaron Cline wrote:
> Hey all:
>
> Can I do two areas of %post?
>
> I'd like to do '%post --nochroot' to copy some stuff from the network,
> and then some '%post' regular to do some driver compiling and installing.
>
> Is this possible?

As far as I know, no.  You're only allowed one "%post" in a config file.

To get around it, you could put the commands you want to execute in the
chrooted environment into a script that's on the target drive.  Then
you can "%post --nochroot" and do what you want.  At the end, you could
"chroot /mnt/sysimage /your-chrooted-script" to do your chrooted stuff.
When that script ends, you're back in the non-chrooted environment. I
think that'll work--but I've never tried it.

Linux: More ways to skin a cat than you'll ever know!
-           Denial.  It ain't just a river in Egypt anymore!         -