last thing question

GoijI P goijiud at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 21 07:34:25 UTC 2004

well, since security is not an issue for my small network, i use telnet (bad
as something getting used to) to connect local HostA to remote HostB. This
happens after Host A is connected to Host B via telnet and after done setenv
,,, xhost + ,,,, xterm etc.
i cd to path that an HostB executable is and try to execute it remotely from
HostA's xterm session but i get "command not found".  From Host B consol i
run same command within same path , no problem.  Tried "HostBexe" or
"./HostBexe" from HostA, no difference. Firewall on HostA is disabled.. i'll
connect a solaris box to my network to see if that bahaves differently than
Redhat9 box. (HostA,HostB are Redhat9 boxes). any guess as what might be the
cause?.