Partition During Install ES 3.0

gerry nix gerrynix at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 21 13:10:58 UTC 2004

Steve,

Response is below (bottom post)

To: Getting started with Red Hat Linux
Subject: RE: Partition During Install ES 3.0
Andy,

Thanks for the quick response.

When I select manual partitioning; will it ask me what file systems I
want placed in that partition ?

Such as; I create a partition and I want the install to place "/var"
in that partition ?

CW4 Steven M. Carr
USPFO-IPB - - - - Systems Manager
DSN: 822-0564 - - COM: (904)823-0564

Steve,

When you choose to partition manually (yes, 3.0 also), you will
have the choice of using fdisk or DiskDruid, which is a graphical,
no-brainer partitioning tool. I can think of no reason you not to
use DiskDruid unless you have special needs which doesn't appear
to be so. Using Linux fdisk can be a learning experience...
--
Nix