last thing question

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Fri Apr 23 17:36:57 UTC 2004

Nigel Wade wrote:
> GoijI P wrote:
>
>>> or by: # cd /usr/bin # ./program-to-run
>>

>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>
>> this is excatly what i did. i got "command not found".
>>

> What do you get if you run
> # ls -l ./program-to-run
>
> I've seen a misleading 'command not found' when the command is a script
> with a '#!' first line which pointed to an executable which was not
> accessible. Could this be the case here?

Possible, but since I have no idea which command he was trying to run
and he hasn't posted since, my guess is that he either figured it out
or gave up.

Can't do any more without more info.  My guess is that since he could
run the program when on a console but not via telnet, he had a path
problem.
-         "If you can't fix it...duct tape it!"  - Tim Allen         -