rh9 out Fedora in

mylar micros50 at computer.net
Sun Apr 25 04:06:39 UTC 2004

I just installed Fedora Core 1 on a Dell 4600 machine and it was quick,
painless, so far stable and works quite well. Some of the setup and
configuration tools have changed from redhat but that matters little to
me since I do most of my configuration by hand editing anyway. Otherwise
the overall layout and everything is pretty much the same under Fedora
as it was under Redhat. For all intent and purposes Fedora IS Redhat, so
Fedora Core 1 is basically what Redhat 10 or 11 would have been. As far
as saving stuff I didn't have to in this case as it was a virgin install
on this machine. Minimally you'd probably want to save your /home
directories and anything else that is unique of containing specialized
config  files or data.

You should have no problem with Fedora as is essentially is redhat. I am
sure you'll like it.

mylar