fedora up2date

John Strunk jstrunk at strunkco.com
Mon Apr 26 01:08:46 UTC 2004

Stewart Walker wrote:

>I installed fedora core 1 on a Compaq Evo N180 Laptop..

>connection to the update service stops in the middle of the download
>process.
>
>Don't think it the nic as I can surf the web and make other
>connections after up2date stops.
>
>Any one else having this problem. I may take a week to get everything
>downloaded.
>
>Maybe there is a switch I can set?
>

>                 \\|//
>              -(@ @)-
>===oOO==(_)==OOo======================
>
>Stewart Walker
>swalker at caspercollege.edu

Stewart,
I just fought the same problem.  I do not think my solution is eligant
but it worked.  What I did was to use a terminal window and execute the
up2date -u command.  Each time it stopped.  I used the control c command
twice to cancel the up2date session and then restart it again with the
up2date -u command.  The program is able to restart at the correct
point.  You have to watch it but it beats not getting the updates.
Hope this helps until the program get fixed.
John