Login Problem

brad.mugleston at comcast.net brad.mugleston at comcast.net
Wed Apr 28 13:19:47 UTC 2004

Rick and gang,

I  lost the origional email so I'm going to repeat myself here.

I changed the resolution on my screen and now the graphical login
screen is all waco -the characters are about 1/4 screen high.

Rick suggested I do the following from a standard console

"kill `pidof gdm`"

"telinit 3" then "telinit 5"

reboot

I tried that and got an error on the "Kill" I did it with and
with out the single quote "`" (the one next to the #1 key).  With
out the single quote I got gdm not found.

I did the other commands anyway but it did not fix the
login screen.  The desktop screen is fine.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

--
Brad Mugleston, KI0OT

There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those that
understand binary and those that don't.