e2fsck takes a long time

Ajai Khattri ajai at bway.net
Wed Apr 28 16:50:02 UTC 2004

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004, Rick Stevens wrote:

> Supposedly, reiserfs is the fastest.  I've never actually used it on a
> production basis, but I've built, installed and tested it and was pretty
> impressed.

There are some other considerations: I dont think reiserfs supports quotas
for example. Also reiserfs doesn't seem to handle crashes very well - Ive
seen text files turned into grabage after a crash. Performance is good (of
course) - I have been using it on a very slow laptop.

--
Aj.
Sys. Admin / Developer