FC1 x86_64 - UPDATE

Guy Rouillier guy-rouillier at speakeasy.net
Wed Apr 28 22:38:22 UTC 2004

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 10:21:19 -0700
Rick Stevens <rstevens at vitalstream.com> wrote:

> UPDATE: There is no way to force XFree 4.3.0's "radeon" driver to
> handle the card.  On my ASUS mobo, the 9600SE shows up as PCI bus IDs
> 1:0.0 and 1:0.1.  No amount of fiddling with the "BusID" options in
> XF86Config will get the card to work.  If you set up "Device" entries
> for both BusIDs, the result is "No Device section for PCI ID 1:0:1".
> If you comment out the section for 1:0:0, you get "No Device found".
> The"ChipID" options result in "Not valid for this driver" errors.
> Grrrr!

If it helps, you are not alone.  I also could not make much progress
with 4.3.  Worked fairly well with the 4.4.0 binary from XFree86.org.
This is on an eMachines laptop with Athlon 64 3000+ and ATI Mobility
9600 with 64MB. I just installed Mandrake 10.0 RC1 last night, and the
version of X shipped with that supports this card.  I guess they've
backported the radeon driver from 4.4.

--
Guy Rouillier