Old Problem

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Thu Apr 29 17:49:01 UTC 2004

brad.mugleston at comcast.net wrote:
> I've had this problem for a while and was wondering if someone
> else had seen it and found a fix for it.
>
> For some reason I only get partial copies of attached pictures.
> I'm begining to think I've set up a size limit as sometimes I get
> 3/4 of the picture sometimes I get nearly nothing of the picture.
> I'm thinking it's due to the resolution of the picture and maybe
> I'm getting X number of bites of info downloaded.
>
> I use Fetchmail to get my email.  Does it have a size limit?

Yes.  Look for a "limit" option for the server or user in quesion in
your ~/.fetchmailrc file.  Either set this to "0" or use a "-l 0" on
the fetchmail command line.

Also note that your ISP may have a message size or mailbox size limit.
It's possible they're not rejecting messages (which they should as soon
as the SMTP server sees the "size" command or receives the message and
determines that a 452 or 552 error should occur) but truncating them
instead.
-  Memory is the second thing to go, but I can't remember the first! -