Where is eth0?

Cédric CACHAT lsf at noos.fr
Thu Aug 5 17:02:38 UTC 2004

Thanks for the hint Rick. I tried it but it didn't work.
It just poped an unhandled error telling me to report it. Thing is, I
didn't write it down so I can't do it anymore.
I had to change my card to a PCI card . Once I had removed kudzu which
seems to inhibit all connections to the outside
# chkconfig --del kudzu
and done a correct
# ifconfig eth0 ... netmask ...
with my parameters and a
# ifup eth0
well, it all worked fine.

For a reason, this didn't work with my former ISA card. I have no idea why.

So I now updated my system to Fedora Core 2 and once more removed kudzu
and ... no problem.