Welcome to the "Redhat-install-list" mailing list

scho4607 at bellsouth.net scho4607 at bellsouth.net
Mon Aug 9 15:13:19 UTC 2004

Hi ,

I am using Red Hat Enterprise Linux (version 3) on a Dell Optiplex GX1 and everything is working fine except for the HP Photosmart 1000 printer that is connected to it via USB. I am using the hpijs driver.

Installation and configuration went fine, and it will print a test page. After printing 2-3 pages, however, the Gnome Print Manager tells me that the "Media Tray is Empty" (even though it isn't) and won't print any more. The print job just sits there in the queue. Everything in the configuration looks fine, but I am obviously missing something. How do I fix this?

Thanks in advance,

Dick