Tftp and IP Ports

Waldher, Travis R Travis.R.Waldher at boeing.com
Tue Aug 10 20:32:05 UTC 2004

We have some terminals that have issues with using IP ports somewhere
above 4222 and somewhere below 4100.

We are using tftpboot to allow these terminals to load their boot
information.  Problem is, Redhat/Yellodog uses port 41000 to shoot the
information back to the NCD which then pukes and tries to send it's
response back to port 0 on the tftp server.

Can anyone tell me how to set the range of ports, or at least the max
port # (like 5000) that tftpd is allowed to use?  So far google hasn't
turned back much I can use.

Thanks,
Travis