Turtle Beach Daytona sound card on 7.3

Bob Kinney bc98kinney at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 20 20:45:38 UTC 2004

http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/doc-php/template.php?company=Turtle+Beach&card=Daytona&chip=SonicVibes+PCI&module=sonicvibes#opt

> > and here,
> > http://myweb.cableone.net/eviltwin69/ALSA.html
> >
> > Running alsaconfig got me closer, but I still can't get any
> > sound from this setup.  I know that I'm close, because the speakers pop
> from
> > time to time (on startup and shutdown, running gmix, and usually, but not
> >  always, when I try to run aplay).  I don't really know any good way to
> test
> > the card--I've been trying to run aplay or Gnome's sound event applet.
> >
> > Any help, or a pointer to some decent troubleshooting would be appreciated.
>
> Try running alsamixer and make sure the volume controls are turned up.
> This isn't a common problem.  By default, alsa installs with all volume
> controls turned down so you don't blow your ears out.

I noticed the advice about the mixers being muted by default.  It was a
triumph on my part to get alsamixer to run.  Nothing is muted and the
volume is up on every slider.  The way my speakers pop, I'm sure when
this thing works that I'll get blown away!!

-bc