Linux & PHP Manual

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Wed Aug 25 00:31:09 UTC 2004

Nofriyadi Nurdam wrote:
(reformatted for bottom posting)

>>> Hi Alls,
>>> i've installed RH 9, php and MySQL. i want to read linux & php manual
>>> but don't know where i could find it.
>>> could someone help me to find it?
>>

 >> Rick Stevens wrote:
 >>
>> Red Hat 9 documents:
>>     http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/
>> PHP manuals:
>>     http://www.php.net

> Thanks very much Rick, Harold and James.
> But i want to know wether the manual is installed together with linux in
> my computer. Where could i find it in my computer?
> i am sorry if that is a stupid question.

No, it's not a stupid question.  The only stupid questions are the ones
you don't ask.

The PHP manual is not part of any PHP RPM, so it's not installed.  I
recommend you use the on-line manual at http://www.php.net as it's the
most current.  They do offer the manual as a downloadable tarball and
it's available at:

	http://www.php.net/download-docs.php

There are a number of good printed books on the subject (again, remember
that PHP is a very dynamic language and the books can't possibly keep
up).  Check the Sybex (http://www.sybex.com) or O'Reilly
(http://www.oreilly.com) sites for more information.  Just put "PHP" in
the search part of those places to get a list of what's available.
-         If this is the first day of the rest of my life...         -
-                        I'm in BIG trouble!                         -