Transfering user acount/E-mail Account to new box

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Wed Aug 25 01:13:48 UTC 2004

Toto Gamez wrote:
> Hi
> I want to tranfer all user/email account from RH72 box to a newly
> installed RHFC box, what files and directories do I have to backup and
> tranfer so that I will not create the same account to my new box and
> creating again their password

The following files must be moved:

	/etc/passwd
	/etc/group
	/etc/shadow

You need to move the users' home directories and their contents (check
the /etc/passwd file for the directories to move).

User mailboxes are in the /var/spool/mail directory, so that directory
and its contents must also be moved.
-          Consciousness: that annoying time between naps.           -