Q: about reformat disk where Linux and Window coexist

Bob McClure Jr robertmcclure at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 31 17:44:58 UTC 2004

On Tue, Aug 31, 2004 at 01:34:24AM -0400, Dabin Wang wrote:
> Messages are in the following:
> 1. Display partition Information:
> 1   A    PRI DOS   6722   FAT32   69%
> 2           NON-DOS    24                %
> 3            EXT DOS   3000            31%
>
> 2. When I delete Extended DOS Partition:
>
> Message: delete logical DOS drive in Extended DOS Partition
>
> 3. So I have delete logical drive first, but I got the message: no
> logical drives defined
>

> How to do that?
>
> Dave

I think we're still missing some information.  If part 3 is an
extended partition, then to be useful it must contain some logical
partitions, and they should be listed in the same display.

As another poster suggested, use the Linux fdisk by booting to rescue
mode from your Linux install disk 1 (enter "linux rescue" at the boot
prompt, and since you are presumably going to be deleting the Linux
partition(s), tell it not to mount your existing Linux installation.

Cheers,
robertmcclure at earthlink.net  http://www.bobcatos.com
Grace happens.