RHCE doubts

tariq samsudeen tariq.samsudeen at gmail.com
Sun Dec 12 11:02:00 UTC 2004

hi gurus,
i hv few clarification regarding rhce....im preparing for the exam on
my own using fedora core 2...im using rhce exam study guide by michael
jang and red hat linux bible by christopher negus.....
I want 2 clarifications, please help me.
1. redhat manual raid configuration after installation.
should i use LABEL=/ in fstab r directly use the device name example, dev/md0
michael jang says we should use LABEL, where as the website
www.linuxhomenetworking.com says...
Note: It is very important that you DO NOT use labels in the
/etc/fstab file for RAID devices, just use the real device name such
as "/dev/md0". On startup, the /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit script checks the
/etc/fstab file for device entries that match RAID set names in the
/etc/raidtab file. It will not automatically start the RAID set driver
for the RAID set if it doesn't find a match. Device mounting then
occurs later on in the boot process. Mounting a RAID device that
doesn't have a loaded driver can corrupt your data giving the error
below.

with fedora, its wrking whn i use dev/md0.....im not sure abt RHEL......

2. DNS configuration.....
should i have to copy these files...
cp -f /etc/named.conf /var/named/chroot/etc
cp -f /etc/rndc.* /var/named/chroot/etc
and also the zone file example: example.com.zone
cp -f /var/named/example.com.zone /var/named/chroot/var/named
with fedora the above thing is wrking....wht abt RHEL....

please clarify this....
thanking you in anticipation....

tariq samsudeen