CD/DVD drive

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Mon Dec 13 22:16:50 UTC 2004

Tapas Ranjan wrote:
> Hi :
> 	I was looking for a CD/DVD-RW external drive to buy for my Dell
> inspiron 1100 computer. I found out one good deal in Dell's web site. The
> product is something like this :
>
> -------------------
> 	PLEXTOR
> 12X/4X/16X DVD+RW / 8X/4X/16X DVD-RW / 48X/24X/48X CD-RW PX-712UF External
> Combo Drive - FireWire and USB 2.0
> --------------------
>
> 	Please help in deciding, whether it's a good product and will work
> for linux without much trouble.

Should work fine.

And Tapas, PLEASE don't respond to someone else's message and change the
subject line if you want to start a new thread.  To start a new thread,
send a completely NEW message to redhat-install-list at redhat.com with an
appropriate subject line.  What you did is called "thread hijacking"
and it's not appreciated as it screws up news readers that display
messages in thread order.
-     Try to look unimportant.  The bad guys may be low on ammo.     -