Grub vs lilo

Mark McCulligh mmcculli at visualtech.ca
Wed Dec 15 14:28:29 UTC 2004

I am not sure if it is still true but grub does not work right with
Software Raid.  If you are using Software Raid you have to use lilo. If
I remember right grub will only boot from the primary drive so if the
primary drive is the one that crashed you cannot boot from the secondary
drive. Were lilo can boot from either.

Mark.