NEED SOME HELP ABT REDHAT INSTALLATION!!!

Chris Hewitt g0pae at manordat.demon.co.uk
Sat Feb 21 14:25:09 UTC 2004

Dany Gates wrote:

> Hi, I am new to Red Hat and tried to install Red hat linux 9.0 on my
> AMD Athlon XP Machine. Everything went ok I mean installation went
> fine , it asked me to reboot the machine and so I did the same. After
> selecting to load RED hat OS from GRUB menu everything was going right
> but during booting it stoped after displaying message
> Active swap partition OK
> Finding module dependencies ...(nothing just hangs here.....)
>
> What is the problem???? I tested all the three cds for mediacheck and
> they all were passed. THEN WHAT THE HELL IS ITS PROBLEM???? This is
> the second time I

Dany,

I understand the frustration (been there, got the T-shirt) but please
don't shout (capital letters). I have not come across your particular
problem but have successfully loaded RH9 and Fedora Core 1 on Athlon XP.
You may find some useful information at http://www.rhil.net/
partucularly the users guide at http://www.rhil.net/docs/rhil-guide.html

There may be something special about the hardware that you are using
that is causing the problem. It would help those on the list to help you
if you tell us what your computer is (either make and model number or
motherboard, video card etc).

HTH
Chris