thanks and need some more help!

Chris Hewitt g0pae at manordat.demon.co.uk
Tue Feb 24 08:16:18 UTC 2004

Dany Gates wrote:

> hi chris,    i followed whatever steps u have told me to configure my
> net account. But what after that??? How am i supposed to make actual
> connection through modem to net ( like we make in windows)?? Am i
> supposed to click on activate button to connect to net? or what?  When
> i click Activate button it says that it is activating the connection
> but nothing happens! When i open the browser(mozilla) and try opening
> some site it is unable to download the site nor is there any
> connection icon (like in windows) shown at the bottom of the screen.
>
> I just need a net connection, with that i can explore other parts of
> linux easily (with help of other linux gods like u!!). so just dont
> give me any link of URL but take some time out of ur precious time and
> help me!!

Dany,

I don't have a broadband connection (I'm on dial-up) so I'm not going to
be the best person to continue here. Aren't the instructions in the
manual sufficient?

If you tell us which modem, confirm its a broadband connection (ADSL,
DSL etc) then tell us what you have configured in the internet
configuration wizard (omit passwords) then we should have enough to
help. Unfortuanately, saying nothing happens does not give us enough to
go on.

Regards

Chris