SSL session on Apache

John Strunk jstrunk at strunkco.com
Wed Feb 25 18:22:38 UTC 2004

I recently saw a thread on this list about installing SSL access on
Apache.  Not sure of all the details but I find myself with a problem
upgrading a server from rel 8 to rel 9.  The rel 8 system has apache
running with both non ssl access and ssl access, no problems.  When I
built a test host with rel 9 and apache using the same httpd.conf and
ssl.conf files I am unable to start httpd. I get the following error:
    Starting httpd: (98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not
bind to address 90.0.0.15:443 no listening sockets available, shuting down

Was this covered? If so where can I find the fix?  If not has anyone got
any ideas on how to remidy the situation?

Thanks
John