Can't remember lilo.conf

Bob McClure Jr robertmcclure at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 3 15:05:48 UTC 2004

On Sat, Jul 03, 2004 at 03:50:50PM +0100, Stuart Sears wrote:
> Bob McClure Jr wrote:
> >On Sat, Jul 03, 2004 at 10:59:22AM +0100, Stuart Sears wrote:
> >
> >>Bob McClure Jr wrote:
> >><snip>
> >>-

> >>Oh, and in case you weren't aware of this...
> >>if you change lilo.conf do _not_ forget to run /sbin/lilo -v again
> >>before your next boot, or your changes will probably be ignored.
> >>
> >>Stuart
> >

> >Thanks, Stuart.  I forgot to mention that.
> >
> >Cheers,
> no worries. It's precisely for that reason (among others, so not that
> precisely then) that I switched over to using grub...
>
> Stuart

Well, I never had a problem remembering to run lilo.  I was dragged,
kicking and screaming, into using GRUB because LILO was deprecated and
fading.  I've still not learned GRUB to my satisfaction.  My own
danged fault, though.

Cheers,
robertmcclure at earthlink.net  http://www.bobcatos.com
God has a big eraser.