RH8 --> FC2 Upgrade done

Graeme Nichols gnichols at tpg.com.au
Mon Jul 19 04:56:21 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-07-17 at 03:19, Rick Stevens wrote:
<snip>

> You can add more mirrors as you wish.  To do a full update:
>
> 	# yum -y update
>
> It'll take a bit of time, but it'll update your system fully.  yum is a
> "good thing".
>
> The URHILW (http://www.rhil.net) has NTFS modules for FC1 and FC2, too.
>
> > Again, thanks very much.
>
> No problem, Graeme.

Hi Rick, I had to re-install yum because the special version of yum for
updating RH8 on Fedora Legacy wouldn't run on FC2. The version I
installed was yum-2.0.7-1.noarch.rpm for FC1.

It installed and ran OK.

When I ran yum to install gnucash 'yum install gnucash' it downloaded a
heap of headers then eventually it popped up the message 'Running test
transaction:" Then up came the message
'/etc/security/selinux/file_contents: No such File or Directory'.
following that message it popped up 'Test Transaction complete: Success'
then followed '/etc/security/selinux/file_contents: No such File or
Directory' again.

The install of gnucash completed OK and gnucash works fine. My trivia
question for the day is: "What is /etc/security/selinux/file_contents"?

Regards,

Graeme.