Help me !

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Tue Jul 27 17:21:55 UTC 2004

M Nouman Siddiqui wrote:

> HI,
>
> I have machine like
> - Genuine Intel P4 Serv System 800
> - One Genuine Intel P 4 Processor 2.0 GHZ 800 Bus with Hyder Threading
> Technology and 1MB L2 Advanced transfer cache
> - 1 GB (512MBx2) DDRAM PC 200 ECC Kingston
> - Two HardDisk Seagate 80 GB Serial ATA ( 7200 RPM )
>
> having a problem when i'm going to install redhat 8.0 and 9.0 both are giving
> me error "not detecting harddisk driver"
> wht should i do ? can anyone tell me please I'll b very thankful

You'll have trouble installing Red Hat Linux because, out of the box,
they don't have ATA controller drivers.  You should visit the website of
whoever makes your ATA controller and see if they have a driver disk for
Red Hat Linux.  Also be aware that both 8.0 and 9 are dead (as in "end
of life").  Red Hat doesn't support them any longer.

You may have better luck with Fedora Core 1 (FC1) or Fedora Core 2
(FC2).  They both have support for several ATA controllers without the
need for an additional driver disk.  FC2 has more support than FC1, but
they're both free AND actively supported.

	http://fedora.redhat.com
-            I'm afraid my karma just ran over your dogma            -