NAT on RH9

Bob McClure Jr robertmcclure at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 30 20:57:55 UTC 2004

On Fri, Jul 30, 2004 at 02:14:12AM -0700, Kligh Darsono wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> currently my pc router running on win9x with winroute
> to do as gateway to internet and leased line
> connections, and trying to change with RH9.0
>
> illustrated as follow :
>

>                 /-----\
>   1.2.3.4(public| GW  |   192.168.2.254/24
>  Internet<------| PC  |------------>Leased line
>                 |     |
>                 \-----/
>                    | to switch hub local
>                    | 192.168.1.254/24
>
> is there anybody out there do this connection or any
> comment how to do with RH9 with iptables tools ??
>
> TIA.

This is a setup similar to a firewall for an internal network and a
DMZ.  There are several scripts and other resources here:

http://www.linuxguruz.com/iptables/

I chose and adapted this one for my local network and DMZ.  It has
worked well.

http://www.linuxguruz.com/iptables/scripts/rc.firewall_005.txt

There are other firewall toolkits that may do something like that.
Look for SmoothWall, Shorewall, Mason, among others.

Cheers,
robertmcclure at earthlink.net  http://www.bobcatos.com
Grace happens.