Why can't I mount a smbfs of win 2k server on RH9.0?

jonathan.share at syngenta.com jonathan.share at syngenta.com
Thu Jun 3 09:03:54 UTC 2004

Did you really name a host on your network TEST? I find this hard to believe
as I assume from your email address that this is not a home installation.

First of all try "smbclient -L TEST". If this fails to propmt you for a
password, and from your error message I guess it will, it looks like you
need to edit your smb.conf file. The entry that is probably causing your
problem is the WORKGROUP= entry. Set this to the workgroup/domain name
(Note: that is windows domain NOT dns domain) used by the windows box and
try again.

HTH

Jon