DHCP Client Info

Chris chornbro at gte.net
Fri Jun 4 19:49:11 UTC 2004

I have used Redhat 7.2 on my firewall/gateway machine for quite a while.
My ISP assigns a dynamic IP address and the dhcpcd daemon creates a file
called /etc/dhcpc/dhcpcd-eth0.info. I source that file to get the
variables that I use in my firewall script. It is in the form of
IPADDR=X.X.X.X. . it has allot of useful variables already created. I
think pump did something similar. Anyway, it seems that later versions
of Redhat and Fedora use dhclient. I can not seem to find a similar file
created with dhclient. I don't want to write a separate script to get
the data from ifconfig or the leases file that is created unless I have
to. Is there a way to get dhclient to behave like dhcpcd and create a
similar file or am I just missing it?