Sans ncurses

Karl Pearson karlp at ourldsfamily.com
Wed Jun 9 03:48:18 UTC 2004

Sorry for the off-topic query:

Is there a means of formatting a telnet/ssh/xterm 'window' so a looping
shell script could update information without repainting the entire screen
on each pass? (printf, echo...)

I have a program written in a text-based application which I would like to
make much faster by running at the OS level using shell (ksh) scripts.

I have found that sending ESC-c I can clear the screen. I've tried a few
others and found other things, too, but haven't written anything down.
I'll get to it but hope someone has experience with this and can point me
in the right direction.

Thanks,

--
Karl Pearson