adding swap partition

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Fri Jun 11 17:07:43 UTC 2004

m.antox at tin.it wrote:
> I have 1024 MB Ram and I wrote 2060 for the swap partition.
> The hd was a maxtor 160gb and my partitions were:
>
> \boot 100Mb
> \
> \swap 2060
>
> The strange was that the first time, i was able to install it.  One more
> detail is that when I have installed it I power up the pc and fedora began
> to check the pc before it ends the check there was a power down and I retry
> to reinstall from the beginnig but i have that error always.

What check?  Swap isn't fsck'd at boot. Your problem is probably
something totally unrelated to swap.  My guess is you have a bad RAM
stick or something like that.  Boot of the first Fedora CD and run the
memcheck from there (enter "memcheck86" at the "boot:" prompt).
-     I.R.S.: We've got what it takes to take what you've got!       -