Video crash! (NVIDIA FX5200)

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Wed Jun 16 16:05:16 UTC 2004

Sérgio Brunner wrote:
> I got a “blank” screen every time I try to install RH9 in graphic mode!
>
> I was able to install it completely in text mode, but when I try to load
> the graphic interface the blank screen returns.
>
> It seems my video card (FX5200) just crashes with RH9 (no problems with
> RH8).

I'll bet it's a video setting for your monitor--especially if it worked
with 8.0 and not 9.  Try running "redhat-config-display" in text mode
and see if the monitor is detected.  If not, put it in manually and
verify that the graphic stuff works then.
-    Admitting you have a problem is the first step toward getting   -
-    medicated for it.      -- Jim Evarts (http://www.TopFive.com)   -