RedHat on Dell I8600

Yung H. info at smart-dev.com
Thu Jun 17 02:40:32 UTC 2004

Hi Guys,

I've just installed Fedora Core 2 on my Dell Inspiron 8600 with a Nvidia
GeForce FX Go5200. Installation went smoothly, everything works just great,
except for the screen resolution. In theory, I should be able to set the
resolution to either of the following: 1920x1200, 1680x1050, or 1280x800.
However, redhat just won't accept it. the screen works okay on the normal
resolutions as 1152x768, 1024x768 though, but it looks pretty bad, reason I
want to try to set the resolution to the ones it should be set to.

I checked the xorg.conf file, and actually Fedora took the Nvidia drivers
just fine. On driver it says "nv" so I suppose that's correct. I changed the
depth to 24, and then tried to set the resolutions, but then X won't start
with these.

Has anyone bumped into this problem before? Any suggestions or ideas on what
I could try next?

Thanks!

--
Yung H.