Printer configuration

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Fri Jun 18 16:28:19 UTC 2004

lino ferreira wrote:
> Dears,
>
> I tried to install a network printer via jetdirect and when i test the
> printer,the printer give me this message "lpr: unable to print file:
> server-error-service-unavailable".
>
> how can i solve this problem?

We need more information.  Which version of Linux.  Which tool did you
use to try to set it up (jetdirect doesn't exist as a Linux tool).

You would use "redhat-config-printer" or "redhat-icon->System Settings->
Printing" from the GUI.  In the "queue type" section, make sure you
have the queue type set to "Networked JetDirect".  In the two boxes
below enter the IP address of the printer and the port 9100.
- Millihelen, adj: The amount of beauty required to launch one ship. -