Fedora Core 2

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Wed Jun 23 17:34:40 UTC 2004

Danesh Daroui wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Finally you mean that a RPMS version of Fedora core 2 is complete and
> installable like usula vesion or it is ONLY packages and not the basic Linux
> ?

A collection of ALL of the RPMs is complete, but it's not an installable
image.  In other words, yes, you can _upgrade_ an _existing_ Linux
system to FC2 using a bunch of RPMs, but it's incredibly tedious and
prone to errors.

The ".iso" files are exact images of the installation CDs that would be
available if FC2 were to be sold in a boxed set.  You download the .iso
files and burn them to CDs using a program such as "Roxio" under Windows
(using the "use file as CD image" option) or "cdrecord" under Linux.

This creates bootable CDs, so you can put the first CD in the CD-ROM
drive, reboot your machine and immediately enter the install process.

For some details on how to do this operation, see:

	http://www.rhil.net/docs/faq.html

By the way, Danesh, we prefer bottom-posting here (put your comments
AFTER what you're commenting on).  It helps with the flow of the
message.

-           "I understand Windows 2000 has a Y2K problem."           -