Newbie question about rmps

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Wed Jun 23 20:36:57 UTC 2004

Manoel Fraga de Assis Jr wrote:
> Hi im downloading the folders and files to install fedora (the ISOs
> download didnt work, dvd or even the cds),

How do you mean "didn't work"?  Did you burn the .iso images to CDs
using your program's "use file as image" option?  If you could be a bit
more specific about exactly what you have available to do this (your
current operating system and CD burning software), we might be able to
help.

> What the diference between RPMS and SRPMS?

The RPMs are the binary (executable) programs and files.  SRPMs are the
source code used to build the RPMs of the same name.

> Do I need to download SPMS too?I saw that folder is any Alias at OS
> folder and not a folder placed there...

No, you don't need the SRPMs unless you want to modify the programs and
rebuild the binaries yourself.
-                  Heisenberg _may_ have slept here                  -